Due to the pandemic, we’re having a holiday charity auction, and an upcoming best decorated house contest. Unfortunately the sleigh ride and winter carnival had to be cancelled, but we still have hopes for the rink.
Donate and/or bid on items to raise $$ for the Parkdale Food Bank
Makes a great Holiday gift!
How the CPCA will operate this season:
- Undertake only outdoor community activities, where physical distancing can be achieved, to be considered on a case by case basis. Please contact the CPCA Board via the website if you are interested in organizing such an activity (Include details).
- Covid waiver to be signed where applicable.
- All meetings and AGM to be virtual.
- Note that Board members remain active, attending virtual meetings and responding in writing to the City Councillor, City of Ottawa Committees and Committee of Adjustment regarding issues and proposals that affect our community.
Champlain Park Fieldhouse:
- The CPCA has decided that we will not open the fieldhouse for any activities (rentals or CPCA use) this season.
- This is because the Champlain Park Fieldhouse is an unstaffed, volunteer-run facility. The Covid-19 procedures and requirements outlined by the City would be difficult for our volunteers to undertake and to monitor. These include general hygiene practices to be followed by participants of indoor activities (hand hygiene, masks, physical distancing) plus Covid-19 cleaning, charting and monitoring responsibilities.
This week’s topics:
- Re-fill Project – Personal hygiene product donations.
- Festive RIDE campaign – Drunk driving discouragement.
- Attempted abduction of a child – Kanata, mentioned a few weeks ago.
- Safety tips for making private sales.
Just a reminder that the board meeting is on Wednesday evening and you need to contact the secretary if you want to join the video conferencing call. See https://champlainpark.org/2020/11/02/community-association-board-meeting-agenda-november-25/
A literal heads-up about some drone activity at Tunney’s Pasture via Heather…
FYI: There will be planned drone flights over Tunney’s Pasture between Nov. 23 & 27 (weather permitting) for new central heating/cooling plant project east of Banting Building, west side of Jeanne Mance Building parking lot.
Appropriate coordination with NAV Canada & Transport Canada will be part of flight arrangements. Future additional flights may be needed.
Originally from http://www.mechanicsville.ca/news/2020/11/22/planned-drone-flight-over-the-tunneys-pasture
Our co-chairs say:
Jeff’s office sent a reminder about the Scott Street zoom webinar this coming Wednesday. Champlain Park’s participation is important; the plans for cycling, pedestrian and placemaking facilities will have a direct impact on our community.
From our city councillor’s web site…
Time for an update on what volunteers from our community have been doing in the NCC Woodlands.
- NCC Woodland Trail Maintenance – Buckthorn Root Removal
- Purple Martin Birdhouse Project
- Japanese Knotweed Invasive Species Removal Project
- Pollinator Garden ready for Winter
- Tree Saplings doing well
NCC Woodland Trail Maintenance – Buckthorn root removal
Left to right – Kris Phillips, Catherine Shearer and Adrian Bradley showing some of the Buckthorn roots removed from the pathway as part of ongoing trail maintenance in making the trails safer and more accessible.