Seen in councillor Jeff Leiper’s Kitchissippi Ward Newsletter #100:
We are finally in a position to begin closing off the portion of Pontiac between Cowley and Carleton to car traffic after months of discussions with the City. Sometime in early July, planters will go in to block off the road and we’ll work with the NCC to bring down their fence quickly after to join the NCC and City parks. It’s still uncertain when we can de-pave the stretch, and we’re working with the community association on that, as well as some parking restrictions in the area to deal with Tunney’s Pasture parkers.
This week’s topics:
- Be on the lookout – Door to door furnace “inspectors”.
- OPS Gala beneficiaries – Charities selected.
Just a reminder from Lynne that the 240 Carleton Avenue Redevelopment Proposal Community Meeting is tonight at 7:30 PM. See the proposal post for details.
Subject: Fwd: UFMP Report Available today!
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:56:36 -0400
From: Heather Pearl <email@example.com>
Hi all. I have been working on the Urban Forest Management Plan for the past couple of years, representing the the FCA. Here’s the result of the labours of many people, and in particular of Martha Copestake, City Forester Extraordinaire:
- The Urban Forest Management Plan (UFMP) will be presented to the Environment and Climate Protection Committee on Tuesday, June 20th.
- The agenda and associated staff reports for that meeting are now available on the City’s website. The UFMP is the third item on the agenda.
- The staff report outlining the UFMP project is on the Agenda. The Final UFMP is attached as Document 1 to that report.
- The final UFMP can also be found at the project website www.ottawa.ca/urbanforest, along with links to the formal submissions under the heading Phase 2, Public consultation.
- The public is welcome to attend the Environment and Climate Protection Committee Meeting and comment on the UFMP. You may also submit comments in writing to the Committee Coordinator, Christopher Zwierzchowski.
- If the UFMP is approved at Committee, it will go to Council on June 28th.
Attached are fact boxes created by the graphics team on the benefits of urban trees. We have been invited to use these to help promote the UFMP through our web site and other other social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and to share them widely with our networks and contacts.
2017 06 13 draft UFMP to ECP Cttee Ottawa.pdf
2017 06 13 draft UFMP.pdf
The Champlain Park wading pool schedule is:
Season July 4, 2017 to August 28, 2017
Monday 11 am to 6 pm
Tuesday Noon to 7 pm
Thursday Noon to 7 pm
Friday 11 am to 6 pm
Saturday Noon to 5 pm
Sunday Noon to 5 pm
The next Over-60 class will be held on Tuesday June 27th between 10-11:30am.
240 Carleton Avenue Redevelopment Proposal
Community Meeting Wed. June 21 @ 7:30 PM
Novatech would like to invite Champlain Park residents to view and discuss their client’s proposal to build a semi-detached home at 240 Carleton Avenue.