Please join us for – Renewal Energy is here!
A Friendly Reminder
Reduce your environmental footprint. Support a local business. Invest your money ethically. This meeting has it all!
Join us at the CPCA Fieldhouse (Cowley Avenue) on February 15 (Thursday) at 7 pm to hear from the Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-op how they contribute to building a local energy supply through smart investments.
The agenda is as follows:
6:50: Fieldhouse opens – beverages – coffee provided
7:00: Meeting starts with quick introduction
7:05: Presentation by David Mazur-Goulet from Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-op
7:40: Question & Answers
8:30: Conclusion of meeting.
Please feel free to stick around and discuss further one on one
8:45: Fieldhouse closes
It’s going to be busy in the park this weekend and we hope you will be able to join us with your family and friends for both of these winter events – the Winter Carnival on Saturday and SJAM Winter Trail Celebration and Ski Festival on Sunday.
Our Winter Carnival event organizers are asking for your help with the following, if you have some free time for a few hours:
- Help with running and assisting with the rink activities during the carnival – if interested please contact: Jim Kot phone 613-722-7519 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with providing Chili or Chili cook pots – please contact: Sarah Kotyck email: email@example.com or Natalie Raffoul email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, we appreciate your support and hope you have fun!
Here’s the Ski Festival schedule from Dave Adams:
Scenario – SJAM Winter Trail.pdf
Just a reminder that our Winter Carnival is being held this Saturday, see https://champlainpark.org/2018/01/06/winter-carnival-january-27/ for details (Chili contest, Horses, Music, Hockey, Skating and more). Contact the organizers if you have questions or want to help out.
Just a reminder about the Sunday Ski Festival described in a previous post.
It’s starting on morning of January 28th with a ribbon cutting at the new Pontiac Fence Crossing at 09:10, followed by the delegates skiing to the Remic Rapids ski festival site by 09:30.
See the attached Media Invitation from the NCC for more information. Check the Ski Festival web site http://sjam.ca/ for weather updates.
MI – Sir John A. Macdonald Winter Trail Celebration and Ski Festival.pdf
Start Your Christmas Celebration with a Community Sleigh Ride and Carol Singing!
Thursday, December 21 2017 at 6:15PM
What a great way to start the holidays!
If you’re able to volunteer any time with set-up, cleanup, making treats or hot chocolate, or just have questions about the event, please let Jim Cocks know at email@example.com or (613) 728-7881. We thank-you in advance. One can never have too many elves!
Amy Steele Kempster is setting up a book club. An inaugural meeting is set for Tuesday September 19th at 2pm, to decide on how to run the club and to find out how much interest there is.
They need to decide on things like:
- When should the meetings be (likely on Tuesdays at 2pm since that’s available) and how often (monthly, weekly, bi-weekly)?
- What sort of books should they read? Fiction, non-fiction, or specific genres. Or have the members choose books on a rotation basis.
- Should they take turns reading and discussing a book, particularly if multiple copies aren’t available, or wait for everyone to have read it before discussing?
Please show your interest by coming to the inaugural meeting.
Just a reminder that Fall Activities are starting soon. There are:
Additionally a book club is being started, details coming soon.
Quite a busy season! See the full calendar at https://champlainpark.org/full-calendar/