When : Saturday January 27, 2018
Where: Champlain Park Fieldhouse
Time: Noon – 3:00pm
Snow, rain or shine, this festive annual event takes place on the last Saturday in January.
Hope to see you there!
12:30-2:30pm Free horse-drawn sleigh rides
After lunch skating, hockey skills competition, and prizes throughout the afternoon
2pm live music, games
Spread the word
Please spread the word, and bring your friends and family.
Admission, hot chocolate and coffee are FREE.
Food & Beverages
There will be Chili cook-off , baked goodies, juice, hot dogs and more for sale in the Fieldhouse.
If you are able to bring a chili or baked goodies, or helping out in any other way, PLEASE contact one of the organizers to let us know.
We would be VERY grateful!!
Sarah Kotyck email: email@example.com
Natalie Raffoul email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Plouffe Park Winter Classic
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 18:28:00 +0000 (UTC)
From: Lorrie Marlow <email@example.com>
Plouffe Park Winter Classic
- February 14, 2015 from 2:30 to 4:30pm
- Location: Plouffe Park rink next to Plant Pool on Preston St.
- Music: “Steve Canadian” will perform “Oh Canada” and the “Good Old Hockey Game”
- Councillor McKenney of Somerset Ward and Councillor Leiper of Kitchissippi Ward will open the challenge and drop the puck!
- This diversity hockey classic will see 4 local teams competing for the “Caribou Cup”.
- Bridgehead has donated coffee and Councillor McKenney has donated hot chocolate which will be available in the Plouffe Park “Skate Shack”.
Plant Pool Recreation Association and Hintonburg Recreation Association
Come and enjoy Hockey Day in Canada at the Plouffe Park rink!
The Champlain Park Hockey League will celebrate its 25th anniversary, with a game of shinny on the ice at Champlain Park outdoor rink on January 19th at 10 am (weather permitting).
An informal beer league for players 30+ started outdoors at Champlain Park in the late 1980s.
The league moved indoors long ago and now plays at Tom Brown Arena, J.A. Dulude Arena and occasionally at Sandy Hill Arena.
Alumni & would-be players are welcome (especially those over 40).
Contact: Mark Feldbauer