As usual, the candidates were voted in without opposition. Guest speakers spoke, reports were made by the subcommittees and many things were discussed (my favourite was the telescope night idea, runner up was a feel good rink story).
The message from the board is:
Thx all for a great AGM, lots of amazing things happening in our neighbourhood – special thank you to Liz from the CPCA and Fiona in Jeff’s office for their help in making the AGM a success!
Here are the public documents from the 2021 annual general meeting of the Champlain Park Community Association.
- AgendaAGM20210127.pdf – The Agenda for this meeting.
- Financial documents are available from the finance committee upon request.
- MinutesAGM20191029.pdf – Last year’s (well, 2019) AGM minutes, currently draft status until approved by a vote.
- AGM20210127 PZ Report.pdf – Planing and Zoning Report; a succinct 9 PowerPoint pages on what’s been going on, with a section on the infill and “inner urban transect” changes happening here (in the extreme case leading to huge houses with no green space).
- 2020 CPCA environment report slides & text.pdf – Environment Report; lots of projects and lots of photos.
Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA)
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Wednesday January 27, 2021, 7:30pm
via Zoom Video Conferencing
Please register in advance for this Zoom meeting:
An e-mail with a link to the actual video conference will be sent to you (virtual doors open 7:25), along with the location of meeting related documents.
Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA)
Current Nominations for Executive Officers and Directors
Chair: Nick Xenos
Report from City Councillor: Jeff Lieper
- Update on the Cash-in-lieu for parkland funds for the Champlain Park including timing and process for park improvements
- Update on IPD/Clearview Crossing and Carleton/Scott intersection plans
- Update from City staff on the status of the Pontiac storm sewers, and effectiveness for flood prevention
- Tunney’s Pasture updates. Current ongoing work / construction and future vision for that area (Master Plan).
- Safety issues related to SJAM motor vehicle accidents, in light of recent accidents including one at the Carleton/SJAM overpass, affecting not only motor vehicles, but also pedestrian and cyclist safety
Report from CPCA Finance Committee: CC LB
Election of Board for 2021: Nick Xenos
Guest Speaker: (30 minutes)
Champlain Park’s AGM Guest Speakers this year are Érinn Cunningham, President, and William van Geest, Advocacy Working Group, from Bike Ottawa (Citizens for Safe Cycling Since 1984). Bike Ottawa volunteers work with Community Associations, Councillors and City Staff to advocate for enhanced safety measures that keep pedestrians and cyclists safe. Recently they partnered with CPCA and other local communities to advocate for improvements to the pedestrian and cycling plans for Scott Street, which are scheduled for implementation in the fall. On January 13, Jeff Leiper hosted a meeting to firm up our recommendations.
You can read an outline of the Scott Street project here: https://bikeottawa.ca/2020/12/23/scott-street-improvements/
- Approval of minutes of previous AGM 29 Oct 2019 – Liz Gyalokay (2 minutes)
- Reports from the Board (5 minutes each)
- Civic Engagement – Roland Dorsay
- Social – Nick Xenos
- Planning and Zoning – Heather Pearl
- Environment – Daniel Buckles
- Rink – Dan Wilcock
- Other Business
Champlain Park’s AGM Guest Speakers this year are from Bike Ottawa (Citizens for Safe Cycling Since 1984). Bike Ottawa volunteers work with Community Associations, Councillors and City Staff to advocate for enhanced safety measures that keep pedestrians and cyclists safe. Recently they partnered with CPCA and other local communities to advocate for improvements to the pedestrian and cycling plans for Scott Street, which are scheduled for implementation in the fall. On January 13, councillor Jeff Leiper (who will have a few words at the AGM too) hosted a meeting to firm up our recommendations.
You can read an outline of the Scott Street project here: https://bikeottawa.ca/2020/12/23/scott-street-improvements/ To learn more about Bike Ottawa, what they are doing on our behalf, and the results of our January 13 meeting, you are welcome to come to the AGM on January 27.
Agenda and video conference details coming soon…
See this post for more recent news about the meeting.
The Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) annual general meeting is coming soon (January 27 2021), so it’s time to ask for volunteers to help our community as a board member. If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com
- You can ask to be nominated for any of the listed board positions.
- Names of current nominees are listed on the chart. Most are current Board members who are willing to stay on. However, all positions are open to further nominations and we welcome new members.
- We have a position called “Member at Large”. This allows people to be on the board without a specific “portfolio” and to contribute in a variety of ways as per your interests. Some of our current board members started as Member at Large and then “specialized”.
- Please see the organizational chart to get some ideas of how you might contribute if you are interested in becoming a board member or other type of CPCA volunteer. Note the chart will be updated after elections at the AGM.
- If you are thinking of joining the board in the future, attending some of our open executive meetings (advertised on our website) is a good way to familiarize yourself with the work of the community association.
The AGM agenda will be posted soon, including guest speakers (Bike Ottawa and City Councillor Jeff Leiper are scheduled).
Just a reminder that the board meeting is on Wednesday evening and you need to contact the secretary if you want to join the video conferencing call. See https://champlainpark.org/2020/11/02/community-association-board-meeting-agenda-november-25/
Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) Board Meeting
Wednesday November 25, 2020
7:30 PM via Google Meet
Board meetings will have an open session for community residents to observe business discussions. Non board community members will also be invited to participate at certain times by the chair and there will be “in camera” topics for the board members only. Please contact the secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to join the meeting.
If any neighbourhood resident would like to officially add an item to the agenda for discussion, please submit your request to the secretary:
- Detail the item to present.
- Provide a brief description and the goal of presenting the item.
- Length of time for agenda items is normally 5 minutes unless otherwise specified.
- The Chair will discuss additional time at the beginning of the meeting if that is requested.
Open session – draft agenda
- Approval of minutes of October 6 2020 – Liz
- Report of interim motions – all
- Updates: Westboro Infill Study and Transect Approach Consultations – Heather
- Financial Report and Procedures – CC LB
- AGM Planning – CC LB
- Social Activities Update – Nick
- Rink Update – Dan
- Notice of Intention to create a plan for the NCC woodlands – Daniel
- Proposal for CPCA volunteer recognition award – Roland/Laurie
- Next Meeting
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: CC LB
The CPCA AGM has been postponed to January 2021. Details will be posted when a date and agenda are available.