Debra passes on this obituary (via Facebook) for Steve Kot (of Cowley Avenue) in the Ottawa Citizen:
MdV says on the neighbourhood Facebook group:
Hi, does this helmet look familiar? It was left in our yard last weekend. If yours, pm me with address & we’ll deliver it.
If it’s yours, contact him there or send an e-mail to the webmaster here.
Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) Executive Meeting
Thursday April 5, 2018
7:30 PM at the Fieldhouse
Exec meetings will have an open session for community residents to observe exec business discussions. Non exec community members will also be invited to participate at certain times by the chair and there will be “in camera” topics for the executive only.
Open session (Approx 1 hour)
- Approval of previous minutes of executive meeting Feb 8, 2018, and review of action items, attached – All
- Report of interim executive motions – All
- “Possible alternatives to listing Personal e-mail addresses listed on website for CPCA Board Members?” – Lynne – Decision (5 minutes)
- Parking on Cowley – Duncan – Decision (20 minutes).
Anne Johnson has been in touch with the City and has taken the lead on a petition to get approval to restrict parking to only the east side of the street between Premier and Clearview. She would like to address the meeting.
- Status report on the deliberations of the sub-committee on decision making – Duncan – Information – 10 minutes
- Infill I and II Monitoring meeting April 3 Summary – Information – Lynne (5 minutes)
- OMB Reform Forum with Yasir Naqvi, March 10: Summary – Information – Lynne (5 minutes)
- Possible Planning and Zoning Budget implications of OMB Reform bill and other pending zoning changes – Information – Lynne (5 minutes)
- Discussions on the use of the $500 donation – Duncan, Michael, Jennie – Information (10 minutes)
This week’s topics:
- Polar Plunge results – funds coolly raised.
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 10:26:40 -0400
From: Debra Huron <email@example.com>
Do you want to learn how to make your older home more ecologically friendly?
Come to this event at the Glebe Community Centre on Saturday April 21.
All the details are here https://www.ohede.ca/
Debra Isabel Huron
Phone: 613 859-8049
This week’s topics:
- Luxury vehicle scam – Fake ID for auto loans.
Please see the attached notice regarding a proposal to build a semi-detached home at 155 Northwestern Avenue. The owner is requesting Minor Variances on lot width only. All other Zoning By-law requirements are being met.