Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA)
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Tuesday November 22, 2016
at the Champlain Park Fieldhouse
7:15 to 7:30 PM: Refreshments
7:30 PM: Business Meeting
- Councillor Jeff Leiper: Updates on Champlain Park Issues (20 minutes)
- Catherine McKenna, MP, Ottawa Centre (sends her regrets)
- A representative of the Ottawa Mosque
(Q & A will be hosted by each guest)
- Approval of minutes of 19 Nov 2015 AGM – Liz (2)
- Community Plan – Nick (5)
- Election of Executive for 2016/17 and Call for Volunteers – CoChair1 (5)
- Reports (5 minutes each)
- Treasurer – Joan
- Membership – Boris
- FCA (Federation of Citizens’ Associations) – Roland
- Planning and Zoning – Duncan
- Social – Carol
- Environment – Nick
- Other Business
Election of Officers and Call for Volunteers:
- You can ask to be nominated for any of the listed positions.
- Names of current nominees are listed on the chart. Most are current executive members who are willing to stay on.
- However we are actively seeking new board members.
- Some positions can be shared, as there is always plenty to do. For example, we have 2 Co-Chairs.
- We also have an executive position called “Member at Large”. This allows people to be on the executive without a specific “portfolio” and to contribute in a variety of ways as per your interests. Some of our current board members started as Member at Large and then “specialized”.
- Please see the CPCA organizational chart to get some ideas of how you might contribute if you are interested in becoming an executive member or non-executive volunteer.
- If you are thinking of joining the executive/board in the future, attending some of our open executive meetings (advertised on our website) is a good way to familiarize yourself with the work of the community association.
To be added to the slate of executive/board member nominees for the election, contact CoChair1 CPCA, at email@example.com
Please provide: Name, Position/area of interest