The Treasurer is a volunteer and executive officer position with one vote on the board of Champlain Park’s Community Association (CPCA). The Treasurer is part of the Finance Committee.
Duties of the Finance Committee
- Oversees the financial business of the CPCA.
- Writes cheques and receives monies related to CPCA activities.
- Does the banking and book-keeping.
- Prepares budget in consultation with the Board.
- Prepares annual financial report for AGM.
- Maintains the association’s financial records.
The Finance Committee / Treasurer division of responsibilities will continue as follows to facilitate continuity and the recruitment of candidates with appropriate skills but who may have time constraints due to professional and family responsibilities:
Book-keeping and everyday banking tasks will continue to be done by current members of the Finance Committee. The Treasurer will be responsible for final reports and leading the budgeting process.