The CPCA Planning & Zoning Committee engages in the following types of activities:
- Reviews development proposals in Champlain Park that are going to the Committee of Adjustment
- Meets with Owners/Developers to discuss proposals, to convey our goals for “compatible development”, including building design, retention of green front yards and mature trees and to work with them on these issues.
- Represents the CPCA before the Committee of Adjustment by writing letters and presenting the association’s position at the hearings; Co-ordinates preparation of the CPCA “case” for OMB hearings.
- Informs the community about upcoming development proposals and other planning/zoning issues via the CPCA website, and/or flyer and presents information and provides opportunities for discussion at meetings.
- Represents the CPCA in discussion with the City and other organizations related to planning and zoning issues.
Other Related pages:
Planning Primer – Education materials:
- The entire content of the City’s Planning Primer Courses l & ll have just been posted on the FCA web-site under the Resources tab.
- You are encourage to forward this information to anyone else you think might find it useful.