The carnival organizers would like to thank:
- Jason Keats for his delightful balloon animals.
- Jim Kot for preparing and supervising the rink.
- Linda Landreville and Kathy Kot for working the coffee and ticket tables.
- Dennis Van Staalduinen for donating gift cards for the chili cook off.
- All the Champlain Park residents that contributed baked goods and chili.
We’d also like to thank Carol Arnason (Social event coordinator) and the community Winter Carnival event organizers Natalie Raffoul and Sarah Kotyck for putting the whole thing together.
By the way, the horse drawn sleigh did get past the fence for the very first time. Here’s a good photo Dennis tweeted:
It’s going to be busy in the park this weekend and we hope you will be able to join us with your family and friends for both of these winter events – the Winter Carnival on Saturday and SJAM Winter Trail Celebration and Ski Festival on Sunday.
Our Winter Carnival event organizers are asking for your help with the following, if you have some free time for a few hours:
- Help with running and assisting with the rink activities during the carnival – if interested please contact: Jim Kot phone 613-722-7519 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with providing Chili or Chili cook pots – please contact: Sarah Kotyck email: email@example.com or Natalie Raffoul email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, we appreciate your support and hope you have fun!
Here’s the Ski Festival schedule from Dave Adams:
Scenario – SJAM Winter Trail.pdf
Just a reminder that our Winter Carnival is being held this Saturday, see https://champlainpark.org/2018/01/06/winter-carnival-january-27/ for details (Chili contest, Horses, Music, Hockey, Skating and more). Contact the organizers if you have questions or want to help out.
When : Saturday January 27, 2018
Where: Champlain Park Fieldhouse
Time: Noon – 3:00pm
Snow, rain or shine, this festive annual event takes place on the last Saturday in January.
Hope to see you there!
12:30-2:30pm Free horse-drawn sleigh rides
After lunch skating, hockey skills competition, and prizes throughout the afternoon
2pm live music, games
Spread the word
Please spread the word, and bring your friends and family.
Admission, hot chocolate and coffee are FREE.
Food & Beverages
There will be Chili cook-off , baked goodies, juice, hot dogs and more for sale in the Fieldhouse.
If you are able to bring a chili or baked goodies, or helping out in any other way, PLEASE contact one of the organizers to let us know.
We would be VERY grateful!!
Sarah Kotyck email: email@example.com
Natalie Raffoul email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This gallery contains 6 photos.
Champlain Park Families come out of hibernation to reconnect and to enjoy sleigh ride, outdoor rink, fiddle music, and chili at Winter Carnival 2017!!! Carol Arnason, Social Committee Coordinator on the CPCA Executive, reports a large turnout of neighbours and a … Continue reading