Following up on the previous call to shovels, https://champlainpark.org/2019/01/23/snow-shovelling-critical-time-for-the-rink/ here’s a message from Jim Kot (sorry for the delay, was busy shovelling the driveway and roof before things freeze up).
——– Forwarded Message ——–
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 11:14:10 -0500 (EST)
From: kris.tom <email@example.com>
Please pass on a big thank you to all who helped shovel, mother nature has kindly watered so the ice should be ready for the winter carnival.
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:23:04 -0500 (EST)
From: kris.tom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Champlain Park
Urgent request to shovel the the snow that has fallen between 4:00 and 6:00 pm in preparation for the rain.
If shovellers could arrive at about 6:30 pm for about half an hour we should be in good shape to save the rink for the carnival.
Please past this message on
Champlain Park Winter Carnival – January 26
Free admission, sleigh rides, entertainment, hot drinks!
When? Saturday, January 26, 2019, Noon to 3 p.m.
Where? Champlain Park field house, park, rink.
Volunteer Organizers Would be VERY GRATEFUL if Neighbours Contact them to Help with these Jobs:
Field house: Set up / Clean up, Ticket sales, contribute a slow cooker and be in the chili contest, provide baked goods, help in the kitchen and lunch counter.
Contact Event Organizer, Erin Topping, to help at email@example.com.
Outdoor rink and park: Organize outdoor games and fun on rink, assist seniors and children with boarding sleigh, help rink supervisor with shovelling.
Contact Rink Supervisor, Jim Kot, to help at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Sleigh Rides: 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- Free Entertainment: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Sing Song Party Time with Children’s Entertainer, Derek McKinley)
- Free Balloon animals with creator Jason Keats!
- Free Coffee and Hot Chocolate until quantities run out! (Bridgehead – sponsor)
- Chili Cook–off Contest with great prizes!
- Lunch counter: Hot dogs, chili, baked goods for sale.
Spread the word! Bring friends and family to Champlain Park !
Snow, rain or shine this event will take place on the last Saturday in January.
The carnival is coming soon, Saturday January 26th to be precise, noon to 3pm at the Field House. More details about that later, but first, we need chili and baked goods!
The carnival organizers would like to thank:
- Jason Keats for his delightful balloon animals.
- Jim Kot for preparing and supervising the rink.
- Linda Landreville and Kathy Kot for working the coffee and ticket tables.
- Dennis Van Staalduinen for donating gift cards for the chili cook off.
- All the Champlain Park residents that contributed baked goods and chili.
We’d also like to thank Carol Arnason (Social event coordinator) and the community Winter Carnival event organizers Natalie Raffoul and Sarah Kotyck for putting the whole thing together.
By the way, the horse drawn sleigh did get past the fence for the very first time. Here’s a good photo Dennis tweeted:
It’s going to be busy in the park this weekend and we hope you will be able to join us with your family and friends for both of these winter events – the Winter Carnival on Saturday and SJAM Winter Trail Celebration and Ski Festival on Sunday.
Our Winter Carnival event organizers are asking for your help with the following, if you have some free time for a few hours:
- Help with running and assisting with the rink activities during the carnival – if interested please contact: Jim Kot phone 613-722-7519 or e-mail email@example.com
- Help with providing Chili or Chili cook pots – please contact: Sarah Kotyck email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Raffoul email: email@example.com
Thanks, we appreciate your support and hope you have fun!
Here’s the Ski Festival schedule from Dave Adams:
Scenario – SJAM Winter Trail.pdf
Just a reminder that our Winter Carnival is being held this Saturday, see https://champlainpark.org/2018/01/06/winter-carnival-january-27/ for details (Chili contest, Horses, Music, Hockey, Skating and more). Contact the organizers if you have questions or want to help out.