Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) Board Meeting
Tuesday January 24, 2023
7:30 PM via Google Meet
Board meetings will have an open session for community residents to observe business discussions. Non board community members will also be invited to participate at certain times by the chair and there will be “in camera” topics for the board members only. Please contact the secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to join the meeting.
- Approval of minutes of Nov 3 and Dec 12 2022 – Liz
- ONCA: Ontario Not for Profit Corporations Act – Lynne
- Deadlines and Proposed Process
- FCA Insurance Working Group: – Lynne
- Update on Rink Accident Insurance
- changes expected in how CA’s will be insured when current insurance expires June 1, 2023
- Comparison of volunteer coverage for bodily injury (Rink vs Other CPCA volunteers)
- P&Z update on FCA project on recommendations to improve the CofA process. (H.Pearl, 5 minutes)
- Traffic problems at IPD/Scott – H. Pearl, 5 minutes
- Jeff Leiper brings together reps from the City (traffic planning, OC Transpo, OPS), NCC, RCMP and affected communities to seek ways to mitigate traffic problems associated with Scott / IPD / Parkway / Champlain Bridge nexus.
- Request for CPCA donation to Mechanicsville’s OLT process re: the Lazy Bay Commons (D. Buckles, 10 minutes)
- This agenda item is the outcome of an originally much more comprehensive request made by Daniel Buckles, to a subset of the Board members, just before the AGM last fall. A significant amount of information was exchanged, and a report generated, provided and (mostly) accepted.
- Voting by email – Lynne – Please respond
- Emails: avoiding the volume – Lynne
- Civic Engagement – Richard – 15 minutes
- Motion re Signage for the Rink – Liz & Dave – 5 minutes
- Other Business
- Next Meeting
Agenda last updated on January 23rd. Contact the secretary to add topics.