SPRING CLEANING? THIEVES HELP CHAMPLAIN PARK RESIDENTS GET RID OF WANTED ITEMS!!
Summer weather is here and it gives us the chance to get back into the great outdoors. Warm weather also brings folks with fiendish intent to our community. In the last month, there have been reports of stolen bicycles (locked up and out of sight) on Northwestern Ave., graffiti and gang tags popping up, inappropriate activities near Pontiac/Patricia Ave., and now a stolen car on Keyworth Ave. Thieves and unwelcome visitors are once again at work in the neighbourhood. Often these intruders are looking for the easy mark to target! Why not make it a challenge for them to walk off with your cherished possessions? Keep an eye out for each other and our residents and have a great summer!
TO DO LIST TO AVOID BEING TARGETED BY THIEVES:
1. Report suspicious people, activities, and cars to our Community police officer Cst.Darren Joseph at email@example.com (613-236-1222 ext.5871) and by-law infractions to City of Ottawa (call 311).
Always report thefts, break-ins, or signs of any attempts to do so, to help yourself and your neighbours.
2. Keep fence gates locked. Lock doors and windows when away.
3. Make arrangements to hold mail service when away.
4. Ask a friend or neighbour to check your property when away.
5. Set interior lights on random timers.
6. Use exterior lights on motion sensors and, possibly, security cameras in backyard and laneways.
7. Remove garage door openers from your vehicle.
8. Make a habit of keeping front doors locked when working in backyard.
9. Trim greenery around your home so intruder cannot hide.
10. Make a routine of emptying your car and locking it when parked in the laneway.
LOCK THEM UP