Join the 2nd annual tournament of the Champlain Park Chess League for the winter/spring. A ladder format will be used, so sign up, then challenge a neighbour to a virtual game of online chess (many online sites exist) and move up the ladder ranking. Top four players will then play off in the spring to crown the champion. Congrats to Andrew O. who won last year!
To sign up, email Nick at email@example.com
- To move up the ladder you can challenge any player up to 4 ranks above you or anyone anywhere below you. If you win you switch ranks with them on the ladder.
- To challenge someone, send them an email and choose your chess online website to play (i.e. chess.com). You can choose to play with time limits or not or any other format agreed upon by both players. If there is no agreement then the higher ranked player chooses the format. If the opposing player does not play their turn within 5 days then they default the game (unless both sides agreed to take a break).
- Each player can only play one game at a time and can turn down challenges without penalty if they are playing someone else.
- If someone is not playing anyone and turns down 3 challenges in a row then they automatically go to the bottom of the ladder.
- Top four ranked players in the ladder who have played at least 5 games on May 1 will play a tournament. Format will be #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3 – in a one-game winner goes to final format. Final 2 winners play each other in a best of 3 final tournament (first one who wins 2 games). The winner of the best of 3 final is crowned the Champlain Park Chess Champion of 2022!