An update on our Rink page https://champlainpark.org/park/the-rink/…
Important notice – Provincial Shutdown Update – Outdoor Rinks
On Tuesday February 16th, 2021, the Government of Ontario is moving Ottawa to the orange level of restriction. The main difference at Champlain Park is that team sports (hockey) is now allowed, with restrictions.
Although outdoor skating is permitted, there are restrictions and requirements that must be adhered to:
- There is a requirement to wear masks within 15 meters of the rink.
- A maximum of 25 skaters permitted on boarded rinks.
- A maximum of 12 skaters on puddle rinks.
- Maintain a 2 meter physical distance between those residing in different households.
The orange level of restriction does allow for game play to resume and indoor facilities to be open for purposes beyond washroom and first aid use. Therefore, effective Tuesday February 16th, the following allowances will be implemented within the outdoor rink program:
- Hockey, ringette and other game play activity will be permitted on the rinks with the requirement for those from different households to maintain a 2 meter physical distance.
- Indoor facilities will be open for washroom use, first aid requirements, warming and skate changing (health screening must be completed before entering the facility) – may not be available at Champlain Park.
Public requests for ice time permits will continue to be forwarded to the rink operators. The restrictions for hockey or ringette apply to permit requests as well.
Please let your Rink Supervisors know if you have any specific questions pertaining to your rink: Contact Matt @ ChamplainParkRink@gmail.com