Heather Pearl points out that there’s a new issue of the development oriented city of Ottawa City Builders newsletter out. Rather than reproducing the whole thing here, you can subscribe to it at https://ottawa.ca/esubscriptions/signup-form-en.html
The Summer Construction Update and link to the interactive map of current and future projects (Capital Construction Forecast Online Map) will be useful aids for those needing to navigate around City-led projects.
Main topics are:
- The City of Ottawa has reached one million residents!
- New Official Plan Stakeholder Engagement – various ways of contacting people, and a poll on the engagement plan.
- OP Discussion Paper Highlight – Climate Adaptation and Resiliency – various papers on the topic.
- Flora Footbridge Opened Canada Day Weekend!
- CSST Tunneling 75 Per Cent Complete – Storm water storage.
- Summer Construction Update – Various projects, Harmer Avenue pedestrian bridge is the closest one to us.
- Capital Construction Forecast Online Map – See https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/planning-development-and-construction/construction-and-infrastructure-projects
- Kindness is a two-way street – a mutual respect campaign.
The newsletter ends with a bit of info about zoning in general, and a list of upcoming events and workshops.