Thank you to Volunteers at Winter Carnival 2019
Many thanks to a huge team of neighbours who volunteered to put on a very successful party at Champlain Park Saturday afternoon, January 26, 2019. To quote Pontiac resident, Dan Wilcock: “For those who were not able to make it this afternoon, I can assure you that it was an incredible event, extremely well attended, and really highlighted the joys of being part of this community.”
We welcomed visits from our elected representatives in all three levels of government: Mayor Jim Watson, City Councillor Jeff Leiper, MP Catherine McKenna, and MPP Joel Harden.
Congratulations and special thanks from the Champlain Park Community to the following enthusiastic volunteers who made it a memorable fun event:
- Erin Topping and Kelly Archer were the awesome organizers of Winter Carnival 2019.
- Jim Kot had the rink in great shape. Dave Bolger set up and supervised outdoor activity.
- Jason Keats, creator of balloon animals, kept the children amused.
- Linda Landreville and Katie Bolger served food and drinks.
- Jennie Hornosty and Louise Atkins organized ticket sales.
- Champlain Park Community Association sponsored the free sleigh ride.
- West Wellington Business Improvement Area sponsored free entertainment and prizes.
- Bridgehead supplied free coffee and hot chocolate.
- Chris and Sharon Kelly gave horse-drawn sleigh rides all afternoon.
- Derek McKinley (Sing Song Partytime) provided musical entertainment for families.
- Neighbours donated chilis and baked goods for the lunch counter.
Photos by John Arnason:
And some more photos from Twitter: