The Planters on Pontiac are almost ready for planting. The drainage issue has been resolved (holes drilled, gravel at bottom, lining for the planters) and we will soon have new soil (thanks to Fiona at Councillor Leipers’ office).
There are a few Planters available for adoption. If you are willing, please contact Daniel Buckles (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Environment Committee Co-chair. The adoption protocol is:
- The primary purpose of the planters is to beautify the street scape. Other goals (plant diversity, habitat) are secondary but encouraged.
- The planters are loaned by the City to the community at large, so are not owned by individuals.
- Volunteers adopt a planter for a year at a time, renewable as desired.
- Volunteers make their own plant selections (no food plants allowed in 2018, but this may change in future. Perennials are fine, as are annuals and herbs)
- Volunteers maintain the planter they adopt, including watering as needed. Contact planter neighbours if you need help.
Help to green our community!