Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA)
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Tuesday October 24, 2017
at the Champlain Park Fieldhouse
7:15 to 7:30 PM: Refreshments
7:30 PM: Business Meeting
Chair: Jon Chaplan
- Councillor Jeff Leiper: Updates on Champlain Park Issues (15 minutes)
- Dave Allston, historian, Champlain Park family history (10 minutes)
- Approval of minutes of 22 Nov 2016 AGM – Liz (2 minutes)
- A) Motion re Composition of Board (Lynne)
B) Election of Executive for 2017/18 and Call for Volunteers – (Nick)
- Reports (5 minutes each)
- Planning and Zoning – Duncan
- Treasurer – Joan
- FCA – Roland
- Social – Carol
- Environment – Adrian
- Other Business
Election of Officers and Call for Volunteers:
- You can ask to be nominated for any of the listed board positions.
- Names of current nominees are listed on the chart. Most are current executive members who are willing to stay on.
- We have a position called “Member at Large”. This allows people to be on the board without a specific “portfolio” and to contribute in a variety of ways as per your interests. Some of our current board members started as Member at Large and then “specialized”.
- Please see the organizational chart to get some ideas of how you might contribute if you are interested in becoming a board member or other type of CPCA volunteer.
- If you are thinking of joining the board in the future, attending some of our open executive meetings (advertised on our website) is a good way to familiarize yourself with the work of the community association.
Contact (to be added to the slate of board member nominees for the election):
Lynne Bankier, Co-Chair CPCA, firstname.lastname@example.org, (provide: name, position/type of volunteer work of interest)
See Community Plan for a description of our activities.
Contact listed Co-ordinator if interested in specific volunteer area.