This week’s topics:
- Message from Chief Bordeleau – Uniforms or not, in Pride parade.
- Good Samaritan motorist assaulted – It’s a trap!
- Automatic License Plate Recognition update – Many caught.
- Seven witnesses wanted – Murder witnesses.
- STEP in August – Impaired driving and roundabouts.
- Bicycle vandalism – Hintonburg area, please report.
—– Forwarded Message —–
Subject: Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin for August 14
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:07:06 -0400
From: Dawn Neilly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Attached is the Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin for August 14, 2017. Please feel free to pass it along to anyone who might be interested in receiving it. Any comments, information or requests to be added to or deleted from the list may be sent to email@example.com. If you would like to contact Cst. Dawn Neilly directly, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer, Wellington Community Police Centre
(613) 236-1222 x5870
- Be aware of your surroundings and conceal valuables like jewelry or cell phones while in public
- Keep zippers closed and pockets buttoned
- Be wary of strangers trying to get close to you – protect your personal space
- Keep your smartphones out of sight and easily accessible
- Stay in well-lit areas at night, do not take short cuts through dark alleys, between buildings, or out of public sight
If you are the victim of a robbery:
- Cooperate with the attacker – it is not worth getting hurt to protect your personal belongings
- Remember everything you can about the offender (gender, hair and skin colour, clothing description – pick a few things that really stand out) and the last direction they were heading
- Get to the closest safe location and call 9-1-1