Subject: Fwd: UFMP Report Available today!
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:56:36 -0400
From: Heather Pearl <email@example.com>
Hi all. I have been working on the Urban Forest Management Plan for the past couple of years, representing the the FCA. Here’s the result of the labours of many people, and in particular of Martha Copestake, City Forester Extraordinaire:
- The Urban Forest Management Plan (UFMP) will be presented to the Environment and Climate Protection Committee on Tuesday, June 20th.
- The agenda and associated staff reports for that meeting are now available on the City’s website. The UFMP is the third item on the agenda.
- The staff report outlining the UFMP project is on the Agenda. The Final UFMP is attached as Document 1 to that report.
- The final UFMP can also be found at the project website www.ottawa.ca/urbanforest, along with links to the formal submissions under the heading Phase 2, Public consultation.
- The public is welcome to attend the Environment and Climate Protection Committee Meeting and comment on the UFMP. You may also submit comments in writing to the Committee Coordinator, Christopher Zwierzchowski.
- If the UFMP is approved at Committee, it will go to Council on June 28th.
Attached are fact boxes created by the graphics team on the benefits of urban trees. We have been invited to use these to help promote the UFMP through our web site and other other social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and to share them widely with our networks and contacts.