This isn’t directly in our neighbourhood but is likely of interest…
From: “McCreight, Andrew” <Andrew.McCreight@ottawa.ca>
Date: April 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Update – 190 Richmond Road applications
Please note that all members of the public and registered community groups, whom have provided comment(s) to date, are included on this e-mail and have been Bcc’d in order to maintain e-mail privacy.
The applicants for 190 Richmond Road (Zoning – D02-02-16-0031, Site Plan D07-12-16-0055) have submitted revised plans and studies in response the initial comment period, the community open house (Sept. 2016), and recent review by the Urban Design Review Panel.
All revisions have been uploaded to the http://ottawa.ca/devapps website and can be viewed by searching the address or above noted file numbers.
Highlights of the proposed development include:
- 6-storey apartment building with 187 units
- 143 parking spaces in underground garage
- 94 Bicycle parking spaces (40 at grade, 54 below grade)
- The 5th and 6th storeys are setback 1.5m from the below storeys facing Kirkwood and Byron Linear.
- Additional building setback along Byron Linear to preserve all trees.
- Surface parking lot for Grocery Store and LCBO reconfigured providing 400 parking spaces (approx. 380 exist currently).
- Land set aside for a new park, approximately 1000sq.m in size and located in the southwest corner of the site abutting Byron Linear. Note – the size and location of the park will be confirmed through the Zoning application, but the design will be subject to a separate public process.
- New north-south pedestrian/cyclist connections through the site, including landscaping.
- Section 37 (community benefits) is required for the proposed development. Staff will discuss this with Councillor Leiper.
The Rezoning application will be processed following the review of this revised submission, and additional public feedback. Notice will be sent accordingly once a date for Planning Committee has been confirmed.
Please review the revisions submitted, and let me know if you have any additional comments as a result.
Andrew McCreight MCIP RPP
Urban Services Branch/Services Urbain
Development Review/Examen des demandes d’aménagement
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development
Services de planification, d’infrastructure et de développement économique
110 Laurier Ave West | 4th Floor | Ottawa, ON | K1P 1J1
City of Ottawa | Ville d’Ottawa
613.580.2424 ext./poste 22568
ottawa.ca/planning / ottawa.ca/urbanisme