Subject: Redevelopment Proposal, 141 Carleton Avenue.
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:32:46 -0400
Please see the attached notice regarding a proposal to build a semi-detached home at 141 Carleton Avenue.
This proposal is very similar to the one made for 137 Carleton Ave. Within the allowed height, the builder can fit a partial 1/2 storey under the roof. Minor Variances are being requested only on lot width and area and are consistent with what the Committee of Adjustment and Ontario Municipal Board have approved for most other Carleton Avenue properties since 2008.
Here is the link to material posted on the Committee of Adjustment web site: http://app05.ottawa.ca/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=7155&doctype=AGENDA
- Items 6 (severance) and 7 (minor variance) are 141 Carleton.
- To see the site plan and elevations, click on Item 7. You will see the associated .pdf files in the sidebar to the right.
- Click 141 Carleton Plans.
- The Province of Ontario’s goal is for infill, where possible, to be built on City lots that already are serviced.
- Given this provincial direction, representatives from Champlain Park and many other community associations worked over the course of six years, to negotiate new By-laws (Infill I&2 projects). Our goal was to protect individual community character as much as possible. We cannot stop intensification, but we can try to make what is built fit better into our existing communities.
- This application for 141/143 Carleton meets all of the Infill 1 and 2 (new City By-law) By-law requirements.