Champlain Park Families come out of hibernation to reconnect and to enjoy sleigh ride, outdoor rink, fiddle music, and chili at Winter Carnival 2017!!!
Carol Arnason, Social Committee Coordinator on the CPCA Executive, reports a large turnout of neighbours and a very successful party on Saturday afternoon, January 28, 2017. We welcomed visits from our elected representatives in all three levels of government: City Councillor Jeff Leiper, MPP Yasir Naqvi, and MP Catherine McKenna. Our Federal Environment Minister was judge of the Chili Cook-Off Contest and diplomatically celebrated all of the cooks until she awarded the Metro Gift card prize to Joscelyn Coolican, long time volunteer from Carleton Ave.
Thank you from the Champlain Park Community to the following enthusiastic volunteers who made it a memorable fun event:
- Sarah Kotyck and Natalie Raffoul were the awesome organizers of Winter Carnival 2017.
- Jim Kot had rink in great shape and Graydon ran outdoor activities.
- Champlain Park Community Association sponsored free sleigh rides, free coffee and hot chocolate, and free entertainment.
- Jason Keats, creator of balloon animals, kept the children amused.
- Linda Landreville, Katie and Olivia Bolger, served food and hot drinks.
- Chris and Sharon Kelly provided the sleigh rides.
- Triple Trouble, Canterbury High School students, entertained with fiddles and step dancing.
- Bridgehead supplied coffee and hot chocolate at a discount.
- Neighbours donated chilis and baked goods for the lunch counter.
Here are a few photos by John Arnason from this year’s Winter Carnival: