Champlain Park Neighbourhood Watch
Champlain Park is looking for a new Neighbourhood Watch (NW) Coordinator.
This volunteer opportunity enables you to act as a liaison between our community and our Community Police Constable (CPC) Dawn Neilly-Sylvestre.
This volunteer position does not require a lot of time commitment, as Champlain Park has an established NW.
Tasks for this position include:
- Signing up with ONWEC (Ontario Neighbourhood Watch Executive Committee) to receive updates and newsletters on the NW community;
- Updating the CPC about our NW, including changes of personnel (coordinator, block captains), crimes in the neighbourhood, inquiries from community members;
- Receiving NW Bulletins from the CPC and forwarding them to our webmaster to post them on our website;
- Updating Block Captains on any new information, such as Ottawa Police Service initiatives and/ or programs;
- Recruiting Block Captains;
- Write notices to community members about criminal/ unwanted activity in the neighbourhood and ask for assistance;
- Interacting with the Champlain Park Executive;
- Attend Champlain Park General Meetings and Champlain Park Annual General Meetings (optional).
If you are interested in actively participating within our community and have an interest in safety, health and wellness, then this is the opportunity for you!
Please note: the current NW Coordinator will assist the new NW Coordinator learn about the position and answer any questions.