Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) AGM
Thursday November 19, 2015
Champlain Park Fieldhouse @ 7:15 PM
Election of Officers and Call for Volunteers
- You can ask to be nominated for any of the positions listed in the attached organizational chart
- Names of current nominees are listed on the chart. Most are current executive members who are willing to stay on.
- However we are actively seeking new board members.
Some positions can be shared as there is always plenty to do. For example, we have 2 Co-Chairs.
- We also have an executive position called “Member at Large”. This allows people to be on the executive without a specific “portfolio” and to contribute in a variety of ways as per your interests. Some of our current board members started as Member at Large and then “specialized”.
- Please see the organizational chart to get some ideas of how you might contribute if you are interested in becoming an executive member or non-executive volunteer.
- If you are thinking of joining the executive/board in the future, attending some of our open executive meetings (advertised on our website) is a good way to familiarize yourself with the work of the community association.
Contact (for info or to be added to the slate of executive/board member nominees for the election):
Lynne Bankier, Co-Chair CPCA, email@example.com , 613-729-0955 (leave name, phone number, position/type of volunteer work of interest)
In addition to exec/board nominees, we are looking for the following types of Volunteers:
- All committees welcome new members
- Coordinators for next year’s Halloween party are needed; this year it did not happen due to lack of volunteers to co-ordinate. Contact Carol Arnason firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Drive happens in the spring and is an important source of revenue for the association. We need door to door canvassers, who each take on a block or two of homes. Contact Boris Jacouty email@example.com
- Neighbourhood Watch requires block captains. Contact Sarah Livermore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approval of minutes of 2014 AGM
- Committee Reports (should take about 30 minutes).
- Development Committee – Heather
- Social – Carol
- Traffic and Federation of Citizens Association (FCA)- Roland
- Environment Committee – Nick
- Planning Exercise – Nick (10 mins)
- Treasurer’s Report and Membership Report – Joan (5 minutes)
- Election of Executive for 2015/16 Lynne (10 minutes)
- Guest speaker with Q & A – City Councillor for Kitchissippi Ward, Jeff Lieper (45 minutes, with 8:25 p.m. start time)