Subject: Municipal Legislation Review
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:54:35 +0000
From: Yasir Naqvi, MPP (Constituency Office) <email@example.com>
The government is required by legislation to review the Municipal Act and City of Toronto Act every five years. The government is reviewing these Acts at the same time, along with the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.
We want to hear from municipalities, organizations, elected officials, experts, and Ontarians in every part of the province about how this legislation might be improved. We are interested in all suggestions. Based on what we have heard to date from members of the public, municipalities and other interested groups, there are three main themes that this review will focus on:
- Accountability and Transparency
- Municipal Financial Sustainability
- Responsive and Flexible Municipal Government
Our government wants to hear your concerns and suggested solutions on these Acts. We want to hear what is working, what could work better, and your innovative ideas for addressing challenges together.
I invite you to review the discussion guide and share your ideas. The deadline for comments is October 31, 2015, and there are a number of ways to share your feedback:
- Online: share your feedback
- E-mail: e-mail your suggestions for changes to the legislation, or any other comments or questions you may have about the reviews, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: send a written submission with your suggestions for changes to the legislation, or any other comments to:
Municipal Legislation Review
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Local Government Policy Branch
777 Bay St., 13th Floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2E5
You may also be interested to know that the Municipal Elections Act is also under review. For more information, please visit http://ontario.ca/municipalelections.
I hope you take the time to participate in this process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Yasir Naqvi, MPP