This week’s topics:
- Man charged with fraud – Engine repairs not done.
- Arrests for distraction thefts – On Richmond road.
- Metal thefts reduced – Manhole covers and grocery carts no longer bought without questions.
- Operation FREEZE targets youth – Positive tickets are coupons for a summer treat.
- Telephone scam involving Canada Revenue Agency and Ottawa Police Service – Request for SIN numbers and gift card payments, followed by a fake police investigation (get extension and call back).
- Third “Speed Recruiting” event.
- “Toe Tag” event coming up – Re-enacting a car collision for high school students.
- Fraud suspect sought – Buys items from small businesses with a stolen card, requests extra cash.
—– Forwarded Message —–
Subject: Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin for May 25
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 13:48:14 -0400
From: Dawn Neilly <email@example.com>
Attached is the Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin for May 25, 2015. Please feel free to pass it along to anyone who might be interested in reading it. Any comments, information or requests to be added to or deleted from the list may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer, Wellington Community Police Centre
(613) 236-1222 x5870