Many thanks to all Volunteers of both the Halloween Fun Run and Halloween Party on Saturday, November 1,2014!
Carol Arnason, Event Co-ordinator, would like to thank the Community Volunteers who made the Champlain Park Community Association Halloween 2014 such a fun day!
- Peter and Shanna Laughton organized the Fun Run and raised $166.00 for Right to Play Organization.
- Sherri Cranston and Jeanette Rule organized Halloween party (set up, decorating, crafts, activities, clean up).
- Keyworth Ave. Early Childhood Development Centre donated $50.00 to cover expenses so we could have free admission to the annual event.
- Jason, neighbourhood parent, dressed in pirate costume and created balloon animals for two hours straight to the delight of all the children.
- An energetic team of 8 University of Ottawa students from Thompson Residence set up, decorated, supervised children’s activities. and helped clean up.
- Peter Laughton with guitar and Dennis Van Staalduinen with antics entertained us.
- Kevin O’Shaughnessy held the first Pumpkin Walk in Champlain Park and collected donations of canned food for the Food Bank.
- Joscelyn Coolican and Kathleen Traeger and several people brought delicious treats.
It was a great chance for our community to meet and connect with neighbours!
One thought on “Two Awesome Events in Champlain Park! – Thanks to Volunteers!”
Thank-you to everyone who came out Saturday. We had approx. 60 participants and only one scuffed knee as far as I saw. We raised $166.00 for Right to Play Canada thanks to your efforts (and generosity). Thanks as well to Bushtukah, the C.P.C.A, and all the parent-volunteers who made it a success.
If you couldn’t make this one, no biggie, we will see you in April for the ‘Easter Bunny Funny Runny’.
As always your feedback and support between now and then is very much welcomed and appreciated.
Comments are closed.