Just a reminder that the Champlain Park Community Association (CPCA) annual general meeting will be this Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 7:30 pm in the Champlain Park Fieldhouse. More details (including the agenda) are in the previous post and they’re also listed in the paper flyer (available as a PDF file) that was posted around the neighbourhood.
Treasurer Position Vacant. Volunteer Urgently Needed.
- Executive position.
- No Book-keeping required, as we have a volunteer who does the day to day banking, cheque-writing and journal entries.
- Interface between book-keeper and executive when large expenditures are required and for financial planning (of a simple nature).
- Preparation of Financial Report for AGM. We have a retired accountant to advise us.
- Accounting skills helpful but not required.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets.
Lists of Other Positions
Volunteers have put their names forward for all positions except Treasurer.
However, all positions can be contested. Most positions can also be shared as there is always plenty to do. All committees welcome new members. We also have an executive position called “Member at Large”. This allows people to be on the executive without a specific “portfolio” and to contribute in a variety of ways as per your interests.
Contact for info or to be added to the slate of volunteers/exec:
Lynne Bankier, Co-Chair CPCA email@example.com or
Liz Gyalokay, Business Co-Ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Responsibilities: governance, administration (incorporation reports, forms, insurance etc.), minutes, generating income, financial reporting, risk management, organization of meetings, liaison with committees and volunteers.
Note that CPCA executive members and volunteers are protected by Liability and Directors & Officers insurance while acting in recognized CPCA roles.
- Fieldhouse Coordinator
- Treasurer – Urgently Needed
- Environmental Co-Ordinator
- Communications Co-Ordinator
- Development Committee Chair
- General Business Co-Ordinator
- Member(s) at Large
- Financial and Business
- Treasurer (exec)
- Financial Report
- Communications Committee
- Coordinator (exec)
- Speaker Editor
- Website Updates
- Delivery Chief
- Environment Committee
- Coordinator (exec)
- Development Committee
- Chair (exec)
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Block Captains
- Neighbourhood Clean-up
- Social Activities:
- Hallowe’en Party
- Sleigh Ride